With the ability to make photographic equipments par excellent, Nikon has now set up photography schools in order to impart world class tutorials and workshops to both wannabe and experienced photographers. These courses and tutorials are available online too and are a great source of knowledge for those with a passion for photography.
Courses on offer for first timers
People using the digital photography unit for the first time are bound to become confused with the many features and controls. Hence in order to teach these wannabe photographers the proper use of the DSLR camera, there are two digital photography tutorials on offer. They are:
- Basics of the DSLR camera: This course is designed to acquaint beginners with the basic design and features of the DSLR camera. This course is divided into several tutorials like:
- Construction which focuses on the construction of the DSLR, its shutter and aperture etc.,
- Exposure which imparts knowledge on the shutter speed, setting the exposure, aperture etc.,
- ISO sensitivity,
- Various autofocus modes,
- White balance,
- Lens with focus on the focal length and the minimum distance for focus,
- Flash mode and level,
- Movie options and quality,
- Size and quality of images.
- DSLR Tutorial gateway: With the help of interactive videos, this course provides beginners with the basic knowledge of:
- How a picture is taken and
- Tips and tricks to improve photographic skills.
Thus this course is designed to make it easy to learn to shoot well and also have fun in the process.
Courses for experts
There are other photography courses in India which deal with honing and improving photography skills with regards to the various photographic needs prevalent here. In order to impart this training workshops are conducted across India in the following fields:
- Photo Walk: This consists of a series of interesting workshops wherein practical sessions are held so that photographers can learn the intricacies of nature photography and other themes like travel, landscape, street, still life etc.
- Advanced outdoors: As the name suggests, this is an adventure filled workshop wherein possibilities and techniques of remote capture are taught with several hands on session.
- Advanced classroom: This helps people expert in the field of photography to improve their skills further with regards to taking landscape and portrait shots.
- Photo seminars: These are high profile seminars conducted by some of the best known and professionally acclaimed photographers present today in India. It is a great way to understand how to conceptualise and approach a subject from different angles.
- Wedding workshops: Weddings are the special occasions in India and people spend lavishly to ensure that they have an album full of picture perfect photographs. With destination weddings becoming popular, today more and more people are opting for photographers who specialise in wedding photography. Nikon India school, thus, has separate photography workshops to explain the nuances and intricacies of wedding photography.
The Nikon School is a great place to start ones journey as a photographer. And by mastering the art, shooting excellent photographs is just a matter of a few professional clicks.